Well it is that time of year here in Nova Scotia. I call it Festival season, some may call it tourist season. With it comes many great events that are Free. In fact if you live here in Nova Scotia you can find a free event most every weekend somewhere.
How do I keep them free? For outdoor festivals and the like we often pack a cooler of food and take that with us, eating on the way. Juice boxes, water bottle, snack bars, and fruit all are bring with items.
Here is a list of some of my Summertime favorites here:
- Lobsterpalooza which is on now till July 1st along the Cabot Trail. Check out the 101 Things to do list. More then 75% are free to do, and fun!
- Privateer Days down in Liverpool brings privateering back. Many of the events are Family friendly and free. If you go make sure you take in the Historical reenactment
- Pictou Lobster Festival is a local event for me. It celebrates the end of the fishing season here. Roo and I will be at this one!
- Tall Ships Nova Scotia- the ships are coming back to the port of Halifax. I have always loved boarding and exploring these magnificent vessels. It is a blast to watch them come into the harbour as well.
- Antigonish Highland Games. The oldest Highland Games in North America. Many of the events are free and will give you a taste of all things Highland.
- Riverfront Music Jubilee is a local event, and from what I have been told they have great entertainment. Roo and I will be here too!
- Natal Day Festival in the Metro Halifax Area really is a celebration of all of things that made this great natal community. I always love the fireworks!
- Halifax Busker Festival, this event is one of our summertime favorites and really the entertainment is great. Roo and I had a great time at this festival last year, and cant wait to go this year!
- Nova Scotia Wild Bluebery Festival celebrates the blueberry season with province wide events. Make sure you taste some Nova Scotian blueberries this summer. They are yummy!
Other free things to do this summer if you are here in Nova Scotia that we love to do on a regular basis:
- explore the beaches, there are many beaches both ocean front and we have several lakes too that are great for a summertime dip.
- we love to hit up the library, they too always have great programming over the summer
- If you are in Halifax visit the Harborfront, Point Pleasant Park and the Halifax Public Gardens
- There are many walking trails as well, it is great to take on a trail and get some exersice.
There are many ways to have fun all summer long here in Nova Scotia and it doesn’t have to put a dent into your pocketbook! What are your favorite things to do that are free in the summer?