Yesterday we decorated and cleaned the house.
This morning got up early..opened gifts and it was off to prayer.
Some random thoughts about today and the end of Ramadan:
1. It was so good to see so many nationalities and cultures bowing together to worship one God. That was cool.
2. It was also good to Praise God in unison.
3. My 11 year old daughter Roo loves Eid so far. She says it is better then Christmas.
4. The food over Ramadan and today has been a yummy delight. We have tried many new foods.
5. Prayer is more then just mere actions 5 times a day. God should be ever part of every moment and intention.
6. The Women’s section of Eid prayer is the worse place to be. You can not hear the lesson or speaker. Where I was it was all noise and the the noise was not from children but from women talking. I think a lesson in respect is needed by many. Really it was the one time today I felt like crying because I was trying so hard to hear and couldn’t. This was the only thing that put a damper on my day.
7. The kindness and welcoming arms of sisters. I arrived at a new Masjid right after start of Ramadan and have been able to meet some great sisters, I pray our friendships grow.
Overall my first Ramadan and Eid were filled with learning and happiness and for that Iam thankful. I pray you all are enjoying your day.
This post will be crossposted on my other blog Simply Hollie.