Let’s get this party started Canadian style, eh! My friends Whispered Inspirations, Mom vs. the Boys, Positively Pampered Patty, Good Girl Gone Green and Kat’s Confessions are our wonderful hostesses for this blog hop that celebrates everything Canadian, Canada Day and our wonderful array of Canadian bloggers.
So some interesting facts about me and Canada:
- I am proud to say I am a 10th generation Canadian. Some of my family members were some of the very first settlers who traveled to Canada
- I am the first in my family to change religions..we have such an array to learn from in this great land and we can learn from each other’s faiths.
- I have attended 2 Canadian universities: Dalhousie and the University of Manitoba. One East, one west! Can you guess what my degrees are in.
- I am proud to say since Canada became a country every generation of my family has had a military connection of some sort. So proud of my cousin who is currently serving, and the service of my mom, grandfathers, great, great great and great great great great great. All served on behalf of Canada.
- I have travelled coast to coast, seen the southern tip of Canada and have been as far north as Flin Flon, Manitoba.
Now of some of my favorite facts about Canada:
- The east coast of Canada was settled by Vikings around the year A.D. 1000. Archaeological evidence of a settlement has been found at L’anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland. My family were one of the first settlers in nearby Carbonear.
- Hockey (our national game) has been around since 1877, after Canada became a nation.
- Ottawa was NOT always Ottawa, originally named Bytown after John By.
- Canada contains 9% of the world’s renewable water supply. That is a huge amount of water.
Now since this blog hop is about celebrating Canada, Canadian bloggers and all things Canadian I wanted to do a small giveaway to the largest Athletic store chain in Canada: Sportcheck. I have a $25 gift car I will be sending one of you. If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, you know one of my goals for this year is getting fit, so for me it seemed like a good match for my giveaway.
Are you ready to win?