15 Simple Ways to Clean with Baking Soda and Giveaway
We have been talking about Spring cleaning for much of the months of April and May on my blog because we had a very long and dreary winter. There has been lots to clean. One of the things I have used most when cleaning is one of the things my mom cleaned with when I was a young girl- baking soda. It seems I am always reaching for a box of Arm & Hammer baking soda. So I thought I would share some of my 15 simple ways of cleaning with baking soda.
1. We all know to keep a box of baking soda in the fridge right? It helps to eliminate odors. Food definitely tastes fresher longer when you have a box that is fresh in the fridge. Make sure you change it out every 30 days to keep your food tasting fresh.
2. Since it is spring cleaning time I use baking soda when I am cleaning the silver. I have a beautiful silver tea pot and well I clean it with baking soda to keep it clean and shiny. Use 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water.
3. Scrub your chopping boards to keep them clean and ready to use with baking soda.
4. Make a scrub by adding a wee bit of coarse salt and dish soap for a very safe cleaner for cleaning tiles, sinks and I have even it to clean walls of scruff marks.
5. Clean your microwave with baking soda on a damp sponge to clean both the inside and outside. Make sure you rinse well.
6. Breaking out the BBQ and summer dishes?Scrub your grill with Baking soda and a brush for a fresh start to the season.
7. Soak pots and pans with a hot water and baking soda for 15 minutes to get rid of any baked on messes.
8. Have kids? Clean toys safely. Mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 quart of water. Make sure you rinse them well.
9. Use baking soda on your carpets to keep them smelling good. Sprinkle and wait 15 minutes then vacuum.
10. Cleaning the floors, to get rid of all the dirt and grime that built up on those tile floors use 1/2 cup of baking soda in a bucket of hot water. Mop and rinse.
11. Clean shower curtains by sprinkling a wee bit of baking soda to a damp sponge. Scrub the curtain, rinse and hang to dry.
12. Have sports gear? clean sports gear with a baking soda solution (4 tablespoons baking soda in 1 quart warm water) to clean and deodorize all that sports gear. Sprinkle baking soda into golf bags and gym bags to deodorize, clean golf irons (without scratching them!) with a baking soda paste (3 parts baking soda to 1 part water) and a brush. Don’t forget to rinse.
13. Cleaning your car after a long winter. Baking soda can even come in handy. Use it to clean your car lights, chrome, wiindows,tires, vinyl seats, and floor mats. Use a solution on 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of water. Your car should sparkle.
14.Sprinkle a wee bit of baking soda in the bottom of trash cans to eliminate odors.
15. Have pet beds in the house? Sprinkle pet beds with baking soda, wait 15 minutes, then vacuum well.
Now from Church & Dwight A Spring Cleaning Prize Pack which will include:
- Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda
- Arm & Hammer™ Carpet & Room Odour Eliminator
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover Powder
- OxiClean™ 4X Concentrated Extreme Power Crystals Dishwasher Detergent
- OxiClean™ Dishwashing 2in1 Booster + Rinse Agent
- Scrub Free Bleach Mildew Remover
- Arm & Hammer™ Coldwater Liquid Laundry Detergent Coupon
*Open to Canadians only. Please enter via the Rafflecopter and it ends on May 30th, 2014.
*photo credit-Gift Basket photo taken by Kim Logan of Tales of a Ranting Ginger.
* I am able to offer this giveaway as I am a brand ambassador for Church & Dwight. I have been compensated for this post by as always that does not change my opinion or the content.