Last week I introduced my readers to a new weekly feature here on CommonCentsMom. With the dollar at a low, and some produce being in short supply we have to get creative and try and stretch our dollars further.
How am I able to do that?
1. I menu plan. Last week I shared a free printable to help you with your menu planning. Why menu plan? You end up spending less when you have a plan. Here is that free printable once again!
2. I make a list. These days I make that list on my Flipp app. Why shop with a list? You get everything you need and are less likely to impulse shop thus spending less.
So what is on my menu plan this week based on what’s on sale?
Mon-Sunday Menu Plan
(This gives me the weekend to shop)
1. scrambled eggs with veggies tossed in and a slice of toast
2. steel cut oats with maple sryup and clementine
3. greek yogurt with raspberries and Wheatbix
Monday: left overs from the steak on Sunday night, green salad, dressing
Tuesday: baked potato cauliflower soup
Wednesday: tuna salad with lettuce and tomatoes
Thursday: baked potato cauliflower soup
Friday: at event
Saturday: healthy pizza
Sunday: Brocolli mac n cheese
Monday- Lentil Tacos
Tuesday- salmon, rice, broccoli
Wednesday- Chicken Enchilada Soup
Thursday- Turkey Chili (From the fixate cookbook)
Sunday- Roast chicken, roast sweet potaotes, carrots
Most of these are on sale this week:
Chicken Breasts (Prime): $10.00 (Superstore)
Eggs (Large Grade A): $2.49 (Shoppers Drug Market)
Brocolli: $1.98 (Superstore)- $.25 from Caddle App =$1.73
Cauliflower: $1.98 (Food Basics) -$.25 from Caddle App=$1.73
Greek Yogurt: $2.49 (Highland Farms)
Lettuce(frisee): $2.49 (Fortinos)
Spinach: $1.79 (Fortinos)
Roma Tomatoes: $.97 (No Frills)
Clementines: $3.97 (No Frills)
Rainbow Peppers: $2.97 (Walmart)
Turkey bacon $3.99 ( Sobeys)
Diced Tomatoes: $1.00 ( Sobeys)
Cilantro: (NO DEALS)
Cheese: $4.99 (Price Chopper)
Hummus :$3 (Sobeys)
Carrots: $1.67 (Walmart)
Beans: $1 (Sobeys)
Cucumber: $1.99 (Sobeys)
Rasberries; $1.97 (No Frills)
Milk: $3.97 (Shoppers Drug Mart)
Lentils: (NO DEALS)
The rest of what is needed is in the house and I always shop my pantry first.
All of this menu plan and grocery list are 21 day fix approved. Want to see how I am doing as I make this year about getting #focusedfitandfab and reach my #healthyme goals follow me on Instagram.