We have been season pass owners at Canada’s Wonderland for several years now. The first year we were gifted the passes by a dear friend. Ever since it is our summer addiction for fun. From the rides to the shows to the food and special events there is something for every family member. We have created some great memories in this park.
Yesterday, we were back in the park to celebrate Mother’s Day and yes even on Mother’s Day they had some special things going on just for Mom. As we were sitting waiting for the Woof Jocks show to start we started listing all the things we love about being season pass holders. Yesterday was our first visit of the season. We have at least 5 more planned this summer. So what do we love about the park?
This year there are 2 new ones. Yesterday Rachel tried out the new Soaring Timbers ride. The ride sent my teen spiraling through the air on a massive rotating gondola. She says she would rate it a medium for thrill seekers. This year Splash Works is also getting a new ride called the Muskoka Plunge a 60 ft tall water slide complex featuring four speed slides with speeds up to 40 km an hour it is meant for the thriller seeker like my teen.
With this being Canada’s 150 birthday, Canada’s Wonderland has a whole month of celebrations happening in July. But even before that you will want to check The Woof Jocks Canine All Stars-Splash. We went yesterday and the show was so good! Check out this Leap of Faith!
Also Coming up this season:
• Brew & BBQ Action Zone, June 24 & 25: Guests can indulge in a variety of BBQ favourites, from burgers to ribs, while listening to live music and enjoying signature craft brews from some of the area’s best local breweries.
• Parkour Freestyle International Showplace, Daily July 28 to August 15: This high-flying professional stunt team will display their awe-inspiring Parkour skills as they leap, vault and catapult their way through this high-energy, gravity defying show!
• Chinese Acrobatic Show, International Showplace Daily, August 17 to September 4: The Chinese acrobats will display their amazing displays of contortion, flexibility and control as they push the envelope of human possibility with astonishing juggling dexterity and incredible balancing feats.
• KidZfest, KidZville, July 31 – August 6: Join us for a special celebration just for kids, at KidZfest! Live entertainment, foam pits, and MARVEL© Superheroes will take over KidZville for the entire week!
• Taste of Greece, Action Zone, August 19 & 20: Opa! It’s Canada’s Wonderland’s 2nd annual Taste of Greece Festival! From kebobs to signature desserts, we are bringing classic tastes of the Mediterranean! Enjoy a myriad of Greek dishes, music, and street entertainment.
• Taste of Italy, Action Zone, August 26 & 27: Canada’s Wonderland’s 2nd annual Taste of Italy Festival lets you enjoy all of your favourite authentic Italian dishes, from pizza to pasta and everything in-between. Foodies will be serenaded with Italian music as they indulge!
• Food Truck Festival, Action Zone, September 2 & 3: If you love food trucks, you’ll love this festival rolling into Canada’s Wonderland this summer. The park’s Food Truck Festival will feature local food trucks from the Greater Toronto Area, offering Park guests a uniquely delicious culinary experience!
and don’t forget some of our Fall favourites Oktoberfest and Camp Spooky.
This year my teen and I splurged and got the All Season Dining Meal deal. After our third visit, it just made economic sense. On an average visit, we would spend at least $50.00 in food. After our third visit this summer we are saving big. What will we be looking forward to munching on this summer? With the Alpen Cheesery being on the list and my teen loving cheese, I have the feeling she will try it out. As will, I love the Backlot Cafe with its Bombay Butter Chicken or Vegetarian Lasagna. We also love Mexican food so I am sure will hit La Cantina. We also grabbed All-Season Drink refills which means we are definitely fueled for the summer.
Besides all the food that comes with the deals we bought I am sure we will splurge for some treats like a funnel cake, ice cream, or our favourites from the Chippery.
There are so many great reasons to have a season’s pass this year and until the 21st of this month, you can get yours for a deal. To find out more about the deals on season passes do visit the Canada’s Wonderland site.
*Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand, and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own and we are seasons pass holders of many years.