On Monday, October 9, 2017, Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving. It became a nationally recognized holiday in Canada in 1879 and we give Thanks for a successful year and a bountiful harvest. A time for getting together and sharing fall feasts with family and friends.
During my search for deals, I did notice that many of the stores are having the same deals this week. Below are a few that will make a lavish Thanksgiving dinner.
No Frills Valid September 28 – October 4, 2017
Food Basics Valid September 28 – October 4, 2017
Freshco Valid September 28 – October 4
Many stores this week have butter on for $2.88, time to stock up for the baking season.
- ½ c. margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 box chicken broth
- 2 loaf sliced firm white bread
- ½ c loosely packed fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In 12-inch skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rosemary, salt, pepper, sage, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup water; remove skillet from heat.
- Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add onion and basil; mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish; cover with foil and bake 40 minutes or until heated through.
Don’t forget to add all your loyalty cards to Flipp so you always have them with you.