Every year our family has a tradition. It is part of our Christmas festivities. We do a cookie exchange the week before Christmas. On Saturday, family and friends gathered to share thier baking. When it comes to Christmas, I think most families love cookies. Let me know about your family cookie exchange. In our family we each bring 6 dozen and take home 6 dozen. There is always a great selection, from my mom fruit cookies, to my sister’s loafs, to peanut butter cookies to christmas peppermint patties there is something for everyone.
On Friday, I shared this video of my teen making the cookies on Instagram.
If you are looking for some great cookie recipe ideas, do check out my Christmas Pinterest board. On Friday, my teen and I made our favourite no bake cookies, Mudpies and then yesterday she made the classic chocolate chip for Santa.
Here is the Mudpie Recipe that we use.
In getting ready for all that baking we did have to hit the grocery store so as always we had this shopper’s best friend on hand, the Flipp app. We were able to get deals on flour, chocolate chips and butter. This week as you are doing all your holiday prep don’t forget that your Flipp app can help you in so many ways.
- You can check the flyers and browse if you are looking for ideas. Have you checked out the Flipp Gift Guide?
- Run a search for an item and find the best deals on that item. This is great for price comparisons on all those last minute gifts you are shopping for.
- Use the Flipp app to price match at many retailers. I love to price match especially at Walmart here in Canada. My US friends there are a number of retailers
- Check out the coupons and rebate section for more deals. Did you know you can often use these for items that are on sale? I love the rebates section now. Let me know if you have used it.
- Utilize the Deal Finder to find this weeks best deals. Look for it at the bottom of each flyer page.
If you are a Flipp fan, do you have a favorite tip to share? If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, you will find you are able to save on all your shopping needs. I know for our family it has cut our shopping costs by about 25% this year. Can you imagine what you could do with 25% more cash in your walllet in 2018?
Don’t forget to add all your loyalty cards to Flipp so you always have them with you.
*this is a sponsored post and I have partnered with the Flipp app for the past 3 years. I love this app and my opinion has never waived when it comes to this app!