I have decided that I wanted to start weekly series. It is called Frugal and Fit Friday.Why? I have made the choice as well as being a frugal mom I want to be a fit Mom. I need this for me.
Really I have been overweight all of my adult life, and I can no longer stand to live in this body that is now my creation. Really, I am now at my fattest! I hate that I huff and puff when I walk, that my thighs hit each other when I walk, and I can not run without getting out of breath for minutes after word. I am not fit. I am not healthy and that is about to change.
I am inviting you my readers, my friends to follow me on my journey to becoming a fit frugal mom. Now I am not rich. No Weight watchers or purchasing into any programs for me.
How am I going to be fit and frugal?
1. I signed up for Spark People. Perhaps you have heard me mention this great FREE tool for weight loss before. I have posted on it. I will be keeping track in their online journals of both what I’m eating and how much exercise I am doing. This means I am journalling what goes in! This is important for weight loss.
2. I have an accountability partner. I have a girlfriend and Yes she lives on the west coast, but she wants to lose as much as I do.We will be encouraging each other in this path. I also have all of you and by doing this once a week you all will know the facts.
3.On Wednesday I wrote about walking. Walking for now will be my primary exercise..But I have put together a wee frugal home gym that I will blog about next week. I will walk either outside or at the mall for 45 minutes at least 5 times a week. I will also to strengthening exercises for 20 minutes twice a week.
4. I am also planning my menu and will be posting my frugal healthy halal recipes on my blog each Monday. By planning what I eat no need for running to the store, which for me can bring oodles of temptation.
5. I am drinking lots of water instead of the soda pop that had been in my glass most days.
All of these cost me nothing or next to nothing but time and I am worth the time and effort!
So now time for my Truth Tube as Dr Oz would call it.
Weight –250 exactly ..Goal 150
Blood Pressure was 132/ 82 which is normal thank good ness
Waist Measurement 44 inches
Breast measurement 53 inches
BMI 39.15 which puts me at severe risk for
- Type 2 diabetes
- Coronary heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial, breast, and colon cancer
My Real Age is 56 (12 years older than I am).yikes!
Now by following my own 5 rules 1.Journal, accountability, drinking lots of water, exercising and menu planning I am planning for success. So come with me as I get fit frugally. I will also be tweeting my frugal weight tips on twitter