Today is thanksgiving up here in Canada. Later today my daughter Roo and I will head out to have feast of turkey, veggies, stuffing, cranberries, and then I am sure there will be lots of great desserts too. I am bringing pumpkin pie. Roo and I love pumpkin pie with strawberries and cream on top, yum! So remembering the spirit of today it is time for this mom to count my many blessings, to count them one by one.
- I am thankful that I know that I am more then a human being, I am a spirtual being too and that means I can have a deep and meaningful relationship with my Heavenly Father.
- I will forever be thankful for my Savior and redeemer Jesus Christ, and all that I learn from reading what he taught.
- I am thankful that I am a Pollard, I have a great family. Yes I miss my grandmother and dad especially but they taught me well and for that I am thankful.
- I am thankful that I get to be a mom to Roo. She makes every day a better day.
- I am thankful for the progress Roo has made in the last year especially. Roo walks that spectrum line between ADHD and high functioning Autism on a daily basis. In the past year much of the stemming, weird habits are gone, and I am getting a healthier happier child..for this blessing I am most grateful.
- I am thankful for the neighbourhood in which we live, I have great neighbours!
- I am thankful that I can learn new talents and skills.
- I am thankful for a body that works well most days
- I am thankful for the gift of laughter that we try and use every day
- I am thankful that I have a cuddle buddy in Roo as human touch is very important. Infact she is calling we right now…so my list will have to be continued at a later time.
May you all have a blessed day! Enjoy your families, and for you all south of the border Happy Columbus Day.