Can you believe Halloween night will be here quickly? Are you still looking for some DIY costume inspiration? While watching Netflix this weekend my teen and I were inspired by several of the characters we have watched over the past few weeks. We reflected on some of our past costume choices and thought about next week. There are several Netflix-inspired Halloween costumes you can make on a budget and there are some great shows to watch on Netflix to get you in the Halloween mood.
In the past Rachel has gone as Blue from Blues Clues, Cinderella, a hippie, a bat princess, a pirate, madman inspired and most importantly she has always had fun creating her costume. Do your kids help create their costumes?
There are several Netflix-inspired Halloween costumes you can make on a budget and there are some great shows to watch on Netflix to get you in the Halloween mood.
For Families, there is the Stream and Scream Guide
Right now on Netflix there is lots to watch to get you inspired as you think about what you want to be this year for Halloween.
1. Stranger Things
2. DreamWorks Spooky Stories 1 & 2
3. Monster High: Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
1. Casper’s Scare School
2. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
3. Ghostbusters 2
4. The Little Ghost
1. Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Wolfman
2. Scooby Doo Zombie Island
4. Monster High: Haunted
1. Hotel Transylvania 2
2. Vampire Diaries
3. School For Little Vampires
4. Scooby Doo and the Legend of the Vampire
Netflix Inspired DIY Halloween Costumes
For the Kids
- We love the movie Inside Out on Netflix and well found the perfect Tutorial from Mommy Mafia while we were on Pinterest.
- Does your little one love Vampires or perhaps they want to be a witch inspired by several Netflix shows? I found some great inspiration at Todays Parent
- Do your kids love Paw Patrol? Check out this Paw Patrol Marshall costume.
- Do your kids love Star Wars? You may want to check out this post with several ideas.
- Do your kids love King Julien? Then they will want to check out simple DIY King Julien costume.
For the Adults:
Have a favorite character from a Netflix series
- How about going as Kimmy Schmidt? All you need is a backpack, a map of NewYork, sunglasses and you are set to go.
- You could follow my daughter and get Mad Man inspired and you may even have what you need right in your closet.
- Love Orange is the New Black, don an orange jumpsuit and pretend you are an inmate or you could go as a guard or even the warden.
- Down a tiara and ball gown and go inspired by the new Netflix Drama The Crown.
- You could get inspired by the new show Stranger Things as well.