It’s Easter this week and in our house this year, it will be very easy as we are preparing for a huge wedding that we are attending this weekend. It’s a huge Hindu wedding-the first I have ever attended so I have been helping decorate, shopping for outfits (there are 4 different parties) and well Easter has taken a back seat this year. Now normally by now I would of done have done some baking and then on Good Friday my daughter and I have a tradition of decorating Easter eggs. Well this year, we won’t be decorating eggs on Friday so I went looking for some simple and easy Easter egg decorating ideas for you my readers.
I fell in love with decorating Easter eggs back when I was in junior high and learned how to do Ukrainian Easter Eggs. Trust me they are lots of work and an art form. Since my teen little every year though we have done some eggs and love to eggs as the centerpiece for our Easter brunch table. Now some years we decorate real eggs and some years we decorate those from the dollar store. All of these ideas are simple and can be done which ever egg you decide to use.
So what are a Simple and Easy Ways to decorate your easter eggs:
1. Yarn Wrapped Eggs. Loved these dollar store ones done over at FiberArtsy.
2. Decoupage Eggs. These are super easy to do as done by Ellen over at Confessions of An OverWorked Mom.
3. Glitter Eggs. Every girl loves to have a little glitter in her life so these eggs are easy from 30 minute crafts.
4. Naturally Dyed Eggs. Love this one from My Life Cookbook as it uses natural elements like turmeric to color eggs.
5. Tie Dye Easter Eggs. My teen loves these eggs from Divine Life Style.
6. We really loved these Easter Eggs on Meaningful Mama that were inspired by All You magazine. Simple yet amazing.
7. Napkin Decoupage Eggs. I haven’t tried this one yet but love the idea of decorating with napkins. How simple! This comes from Red Ted Art.
8. Dinosaur Eggs. Have boys? Then these eggs are simple and they will love them. This idea comes from The Joy of Boys.
9. Silk Tie Eggs. Simply cut up ties, cover eggs and boi, how easy right? Love this idea from Family Food and Travel.
10. Foil Covered Eggs. Cover in foil and paint. Another simple idea. Love this from Suzys Sitcom.
Did I give you lots of ideas besides the traditional food color dying? Hope so! Tell me do you decorate eggs in your house? If so what is your favorite project?