It’s that time of the year and everyone should of received all their tax forms by now and many people are thinking of filing their tax returns. There are so many things to remember including where you put all your receipts.
Now before you file, join @ChristaClips, and I as we welcome @robintaub, Turbotax Canada, tax expert to our next #cdnmoney chat. It will be a great conversation about tax time and the recent changes that we may have questions about. We will also be talking about filing as a small biz owner and well I know many of my readers own their own small businesses, work from home or freelance.
Here are some tips that I feel are important when it comes to tax time:
1. If you have a simple tax return you can use TurboTax Canada’s free service.
2. Remember to think about those major life events that can effect your return. Marriage, birth, moving are just some to remember.
3. There are new tax benefits for the 2014 year. The one that will that will impact families is the Family Tax Cut.
4. If you are self employed or own a small business you can use the Home& Business Edition of TurboTax
Doing my own taxes makes me feel empowered and in control and as someone who works for herself that is so important. No accountant visits for this mom. One of the things I love most about TurboTax are the prompts. You actually get prompted as you move through your tax return, sweet right? Now there are several more reasons that I am loving TurboTax this tax season but we can chat about them at the #cdnmoney money chat on Tuesday, March 24th at 7pm.
Please do join us for next week’s #cdnmoney chat it will be a great conversation about all the things we need to remember when it comes to tax time. By the way TurboTax are bringing 5 prizes for Canadian tweeters, so you may walk away a winner as well.
Rules to be eligible to win :
* Tweet on March 24th between 7-8pm using the hashtag #cdnmoney
* Answer the prize question with a correct answer.
* Be a Canadian tax filer.
Hope to see you all next Tuesday night, March 24th from 7-8pm EST.