It seems every December every one does a best of the year list. This year as I commuted I did lots of reading and watching thanks to being able to download lots of Netflix shows. Which one did you do more of? Did you read more or watch shows? Here are the shows and books I really enjoyed in 2017. Some of these were published years ago but read by me for the first time this year. Some books were for personal growth and some were there just to enjoy. These are my favourite reads and shows of 2017.
My Top 10 Reads of 2017
- Wonder- I had to read the book before watching the movie. It was so good! I would suggest this book as a great teen read as well. My daughter loved the book as well.
- The Hand Maid’s Tale- This book as well the show had me mesmerised. I feel in love with Margot Atwood as an author this year. My teen is getting this book under the tree as she loves dystopian novels.
- The Success Principles- I was challenged to read this one as part of a program I was part of. With Jack Canfield, you can never go wrong.
- Option B- Sheryl Sandberg’s second book was so different from her first but her ability to move on inspired and encouraged me this year.
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness- With so many characters in this book and a search for happiness and love, it was one I binge read this year.
- Unshakeable- Tony Robbins (who I have long adored) came to Toronto this year and so reading Unshakable made perfect sense for this personal finance writer. If you want to know more read it now.
- Braving the Wilderness- I love reading Brene Brown. We all long to belong. I know I have and well she articulated some of my thoughts so well.
- The Book of Business Awesome/ The Book of Business UnAwesome- When a friend writes a book, it is on your list. I love Scott’s take on business.
- The Sun and Her Flowers- I must admit I cried during reading this book. Just read it.
- How to Be a Bawse- Fellow Torontian and YouTuber was a must read for me. This girl rocks.
Besides reading I did lots of watching this year as well. My favourite tv shows were all ones that my teen and I watch together. There are 5 of them.
My Top Watches of 2017
- The Handmaid’s Tale- It had us on the edge of our seats waiting for the next episode.
- Young Sheldon. – My teen loves this show and it can’t be missed by her.
- The Good Place- This show with its constant surprises is simply fun and my teen and I both love it.
- The Good Doctor- This show is one we do not miss and we are in love with it.
- This is Us- I got addicted to this show during its first season and am loving season 2. My teen joined me in watching this show after getting caught up watching it on Netflix.
We both watched lots of Netflix as well. Our favourite Netflix shows were series. These were all watched this year.
- Atypical-Both my teen and I loved this show.
- 13 Reasons Why- my daughter and I thought this show was intense but it allowed for some great conversations.
- The Crown- I have had a love affair with everything Royal since I was young so I love this series.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- we love to laugh and this show makes us laugh out loud!
- Orange is the New Black- We have loved the show since the first season.
So let me know what were your favourite reads and watches this year. I really want to know.