*This is a sponsored post, meaning I have partnered with Desjardins Insurance to share their giveaway. The content and opinions shared here though are mine.
You can feel it in the air! Winter is around the corner and with it comes so much prep work especially if you are a Canadian driver. I remember prepping my first car for its first winter and mine as a newly minted driver. I would be taking the car from our rural home on Nutby mountain to the town of Truro not so many miles away, but with winter, you had to be ready for anything. Ever since then I have known the importance of preparing your car for winter road trips. For me, it all starts with ensuring my car is ready and having great insurance.
So how does one ensure their vehicle is ready for a Canadian winter?
- Winter tires. For me, I remember driving on black ice. It is no fun and can lead to an accident if you don’t know what you are doing. Snow tires give you that bit of grip you need. November is the perfect time to get this changeover done.
- Get a tune-up. As a driver, I always got my car tuned up and topped up at the beginning of winter. Oil change is done, windshield fluid and all the basics were in place.
- Have an emergency kit packed in your car. What should it include for a Canadian winter? Check out this list:
- As well we travel with a cell phone in the car and even a charging cord that plugs into the charger just in case.
- Ensure you have the proper insurance. You want to have a quality plan in place.
Insurance should not be the last stop, as you prepare for winter though. It should be your first. Why? As one who has been in an accident, they happen when you least expect.
For me, it was when I was driving my young daughter home from school. Thankfully, there were no injuries but there was damage. Since we had a great plan in place it brought peace of mind to a difficult situation. I was definitely happy to know that everything would be taken care of and it was.
I have always known the importance of great insurance. It matters in every area of your life. Time and time again experience has taught me that.
From auto insurance to home insurance, business insurance to life products, Desjardins Insurance has you covered. Remember that auto accident I mentioned? I was a State Farm customer at the time. Recently State Farm Canada became Desjardins Insurance. They took great care of me.
Win Free Gas for a Year with Desjardins Insurance
Now, for a limited time, you could enter to win FREE GAS for a year when you complete an online quote. It’s quick and easy – and you can see just how much you can save with a Desjardins Agent.
To Enter you must:
- Visit WinFreeGasWithDesjardinsAgents.com
- Click “Get a Quote” and complete the form.
This contest closes December 17th, 2018 at 11:59am EST. This contest is open to Alberta, Ontario and New Brunswick residents only. No purchase necessary. See full Contest Rules.