Do you start your year with resolutions or goals? I normally do. I have learned over the years it is great to be as specific as you can when it comes if I want to get anywhere. When I am goal setting I look at my history, I also give myself breathing room and realize things can and do shift sometimes in an instant but it always better to go in with a plan and an idea. So how am I goal setting in 2019?
I have started with some good books, some inspiration from favourite podcasts and self-improvement leaders and I even have a coach/mentor. A good way to start the year, right?
As I started to write out my goals I also took a look back at a Strength Finders test I did in 2018. It definitely in bring clarity about what I am good at.
So as I approach 55 this year I have some real concrete goals and objectives that I need to see happen. I thought I would share them with you as a way of keeping myself accountable!
- There are some major purchases and obligations this year. We are yet to give my dad a proper resting spot, my sister and I want this to be the priority for 2019.
- I will be getting a new bed. I am already on the hunt for this and hope to have one by the end of the month after breaking my old bed in late 2018.
- Rachel will get a new cell phone.
- A new laptop for Rachel is also a need but she will pay for this out of her college funds.
- I will restore my emergency fund that was depleted in 2018 as I looked for work, I went through these funds faster than I had wanted.
- I have a full-time gig with benefits, that is a blessing! With that said though, I am very underpaid for my skill set. I will work on finding a new job.
- Rebuild the CommonCentsMom community. Make it about helping you more.
- Share more about essential oils, something I have been learning about for 3 years now. Help at least 50 people use oils in a way that benefits them.
- Have fun with friends at least once a month.
- Go on at least 10 dates. I am not currently dating anyone special. I haven’t been in a very long time. I will get out of my comfort zone and date.
- Have a mom/daughter night with Rachel at least once a week.
- Go to Niagara Falls with Rachel
- Take in at least 4 musical concerts or festivals!
- Go to the beach more often
- Take at least 4-day trips to explore more of Ontario with Rachel.
- Canada’s Wonderland seasons pass. Looking forward to the Halloween Haunt and Winterfest.
- Walk 6x a week.
- Drink more water– at least 4 glasses a day.
- Make appointments for my colonoscopy and mammogram.
- Go to the dentist
- Eat a vegan meal at least once a week
- Eat a meatless meal at least once a week.
- Participate in a half marathon in the fall.
- Read 12 good books that can help me grow. I started with Becoming and now reading The Success Principles.
- Read 12 novels just for enjoyment.
- Get back into scrapbooking.
- Do more family history research, a renewed passion in 2018.
- Go for more photo walks. I loved birding and exploring my city in 2018.
- Cook 10 new recipes.
- Go to Nova Scotia on vacation to see family.
- Grow the CommonCentsMom brand in a way that is genuine and real. In a way that helps families with their day to day lives.
- Partner with brands that I love only.
- Share more useful info on how to save to money, how to earn money and I also want to talk about preparing the future.
If you are a goal setter like me, would love to know what goals you are setting for 2019!