This has been a very rough year for the flu and colds for many of us. Luckily, for us, natural solutions have kept them at bay for my daughter and me. My mom, sister, nieces and nephews were not so lucky. My mom even ended up in the hospital for 11 days. The reality is as you age even something like the flu can have serious consequences. For us having my mom in the hospital was scary. Thankfully, she is home now and on the road to recovery.
This got me thinking about how my daughter and I have been pretty lucky the last few years especially when it comes to things like the flu and the common cold. How have we been using natural solutions to support good health? I have been eating much better than in previous years, talking a great supplement and using my essential oils to give me a boost.
Here are 5 ways to use natural solutions to beat the flu/cold season
- Drink water. Hydration is so important for a healthy body. In the winter we often turn to caffeine and other non-hydrating drinks. Water consumption often decreases in the winter. We love to flavour our water with lemon oil, slim/sassy oil or lime oil from doTERRA. For me, that drop of oil has helped me hydrate more.
- Sleep is critical. Rest is good for the body especially if you feel a cold or the flu coming on.
- Diffuse oils. My favourites to diffuse in the winter are Onguard ( a blend of great oils), Balance, Lemon, and Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus is used in many over the counter medicines you may already buy. Frankincense is another wintertime favourite of ours as it has often been used to support those with colds and even asthma.
- Clean with oils. Our favourite cleaning oil is Onguard. We love the doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate as it is designed to be the ideal natural cleaner. It is a blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils. We appreciate that it helps fortify our home against some of those environmental concerns, especially in the winter. Science has proven that these oils especially clove and cinnamon definitely help.
- Take Onguard protective safeguard gels or sip my “Onguard Tea”. Yes, you can safely ingest some essential oils. I have been doing so for 3 years now. If I know I am going to be around others who have colds or the flu I take one to ensure my own immune system is supported and I often sip tea in the morning.
Want to know how to make “Onguard Tea”?
Enter to Win the Beat the Flu Naturally Giveaway
I would love to share my favourite natural solutions with one of my readers. Here is what you will win.
- One bottle of Onguard Essential Oil
- One bottle of Onguard Cleaning concentrate
- One bottle of Onguard Protective Blend soft gels
- One bottle of Lemon Oil
- A mug to have your tea in.
Along with samples of three of my favourite oils Frankincense, Peppermint, and Wild Orange.
RETAIL VALUE of PRIZE $100
To enter the giveaway, please fill out this Entry Form.
- Please Note Giveaway is open to residents of Canada, the United States and the UK over the age of 18.
- Filling out the form is mandatory for entry.
- For additional entries please share this giveaway on your social channels. ( Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) and use the Giveaway hashtag #NaturalSolutionsGiveaway and leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared. You can share on your channels up to 5x.
****GIVEAWAY ENDS FEB 15th at 5pm EST. Winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram lives on Monday, Feb 18th.