The turkey leftovers are in the fridgeHalloween annual fall hike is done so now on minds in this house turn to Halloween. We loved decorating, making treats, shopping for candy and deciding on the perfect costume. With all of the planning and shopping though it is easy to put a strain on your wallet, it is just as easy to save money on everything Halloween.
So how can we save money on everything Halloween? Over the years I have written several posts all designed to help you save on Halloween. You can learn about keeping the money gremlins at bay and how to have a frightfully frugal Halloween. Now many of the things we do help us save money every year.
So how can you save every year on everything Halloween?
- Year after year, I emphasis budgeting. Is Halloween a line item in your budget? It should be.
- Shop your shed and closets. Get creative, think reuse, reuse, reuse as your Halloween anthem. So many things make for great DIY projects for decor and costumes.
- Check for Freebies. You can often find freebies on sites like Kijiji or Craigslist. I have even seen freebies in the Facebook Marketplace and even on groups like Bunz ( Do you have the bartering app Bunz yet?)
- Host a costume swap with your friends. How many costumes does your child have? I know by the age of 5 my daughter had a few. So the best thing to do was gather some friends who have kids and host a swap.
- Check for coupons. Yes, I used the “c” word! If you are a crafter who loves to get creative, take advantage of Michael’s 40% off coupon that happens often.
- Look for deals and price match when and where you can. Remember Flipp, the app shows you all your local flyers and did you know you can price match straight from the app at several Canadian retailers.
- Shopping Online? Use Ebates, it is a portal site that gives you cash back and often savings when you shop at the retailers listed. One of the retailers is Amazon!
- Become Pinterest inspired. Since we love to make Halloween treats and our own costumes I have two boards you can check out here and here.
- Get your pumpkin at a discount. I was at Walmart Canada this week and saw that they had a great sale and a good selection. I would grab one while you can.
- Shop the day after Halloween. You can get ready for Halloween 2019 shopping ahead. Great deals can often be found on November 1st. These can be stashed away for next year.